In the modern age of technology, computers are very important parts of our life. Without them, half of our work will stop. So, we need to take good care of them including all its peripheral devices like its Keyboard, Mouse etc. It is important to clean and maintain them regularly. In this article, we will be discussing the upkeep of the keyboard. The following are some tips for the maintenance of Keyboards.
1) Press the keys softly- Try to press the keys softly. Many people have a habit of making a tapping sound while typing. It looks cool and weirdly also has a satisfying feeling but it damages your keyboard. This is especially the case in laptop keyboards.
2) Do not drink or drop any kind of liquid near your keyboard- Many people have habit to drink tea or coffee while doing work on the laptop or computer. Dropping liquids on the keyboard can damage it and it may stop working.
3) Take care of Wires- This is in case of a PC. The wires of the keyboard must be handled with care. If you keep weights on it or pull it or fold it too many times, it might break.
4) Battery care for wireless keyboard- If you are using a wireless keyboard, then take care of the battery. Try to use rechargeable batteries because it saves money as well as the environment. Whenever you feel that you are not going to use your keyboard for long time, remove the batteries to stop internal battery leakage.
5) Keep it in clean and dry place- Put your keyboard in clean and dry place. It increases the life of keyboard and indirectly your laptop/computer.
6) Try to cover from Dust- Keep your keyboard Away from dust and moisture. If it is possible then try to cover it after use.